Covid. Inflation. Labor shortages. Rent up. A crashing stock market.
It’s not easy being a small business owner in 2022 – or any year, for that matter. It is therefore not surprising that some are looking to sell their business.
The following information comes from ad aggregator BizBuySell, which generally does not name the business for sale, but the descriptions of each ad provide clues. The asking price is also included below.
- Main Road Ramen Restaurant For Sale – $520,000 – “Well-established Ramen restaurant with bar for sale in the heart of Arlington. Turnkey operation. This authentic ramen restaurant is a local favorite. It has a 4.4 star online review. High end finishes & well maintained in high traffic area. Owner built and operational since July 2015.”
- Established Dessert and Beverage Store in Prime Location – $180,000 – “Easy to operate dessert store located in a very popular strip mall in Arlington, VA. The owner currently only visits the store twice a week. Delivery sales generate around $3,000-4,000 per month through uber eats, postmates and door dash. Clover POS data is available.
- Pet Grooming and Organic Supplies at NoVA – $99,000 – “For health-conscious pet owners in Arlington VA, this specialty organic pet food store offers other pet products meticulously selected and expert pet grooming services conveniently located near apartment buildings, offices and the metro. Ample parking on the street in front of the store. The all-inclusive rent, including the NNN listed at around $3,000/month, makes this an affordable space in a great location.
- Highly Profitable and Growing Restaurant – (No Listing Price) – “Located along an active mixed-use commercial corridor in affluent downtown Arlington, Virginia, the well-known franchise is located in a 3,700 square foot space, fully modernized with a $1.7M+ build over the last 3 years Lease runs through October 2025 with 2 x 5 year options, 1 year growing EBIDTA on the other, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime game to acquire a well-run growing business generating over $3.068 million a year.
- Profitable BBQ Restaurant in Arlington – $169,000 – “Dine out and host a BBQ restaurant for sale in Arlington, VA. Top of the line kitchen equipment and great construction ready to fit most concepts. This restaurant is ABSENT OWNED and profits $50,000 a year. With a new owner and an updated menu to include more items, this turnkey business can be extremely profitable. Very low rent for Arlington with an excellent lease.
- Infrared Stretch & Sauna Biz – $295,000 – “Lowest rent in building, lease takeover at negotiated rate. This business is a Stretch Smart franchise location in a very affluent and well-educated area of Clarendon, 10 minutes from Amazon HQ2. As Amazon grows, so does the opportunity to grow our memberships!”
- 2Mill net Yr Absentee Owner Safe Zone Super MKT – $12,500,000 – “Safe Zone, can develop better… Approx, Rent: 37,000. month (inc, Cam, taxes). Lease: 2.5 years + three 5-year options Opening hours: 8am-9pm.
- Starting a Nail Salon and Skin Care Business in N. Arlington – $100,000 – “Great location and low rent. Recently renovated. 4.7 star Google review. More than 500 customers in the database. Premium (organic) products and services. Free parking. Highly visible on major highways, over 12,000 cars per day. Once the pandemic is over, this business has great potential. The nail technicians remain, if the new owner wishes.
- $2.947M Allstate Agency — $899,000 — “The agency, established over 20 years ago, is located in a very desirable location. This $3M+ premium agency has gained a base of preferred auto/ownership clients with an excellent opportunity for growth in cross-selling as well as life/financial services. Good potential for increased revenue through new and renewal commissions as well as performance bonuses based on growth, retention, etc.
- Profitable Independent Optician at NoVA – $695,000 – “Well-established optician in vibrant Arlington VA with decades of satisfied multi-generational customers and an excellent reputation for providing professional service and high quality eyewear. Valuable referral network that includes several leading ophthalmologists in the DC/Northern Virginia area.
Note that some announcements may be for businesses that have already closed.