ZURICH, January 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Scandit, the leader in intelligent data capture, launched ShelfView for retail. ShelfView is an intelligent data capture and analysis solution that enables real-time shelf visibility and enables smarter and more efficient store operations. Based on advanced computer vision technology, it allows retailers to effortlessly capture and process in-store data, such as prices and inventory locations, to take intelligence-based action and accurate information in real time.
Ideal for grocers and stores with high SKU volume, Scandit ShelfView addresses some of the fundamental challenges retailers face today in dealing with razor thin margins and optimizing costs. The introduction of in-store work automation and robotics can help retailers increase their profitability by an additional 2-4% depending on McKinsey. With rising labor costs, labor shortages, and pressure to deliver omnichannel fulfillment, ShelfView automates routine tasks that are currently done manually and error-prone to maximize the efficiency of store associates and reduce employee turnover.
ShelfView’s initial capabilities will help retailers optimize three main workflows:
- Precise execution of price and promotion tags: ShelfView analyzes both labels and signage in real time, via mobile devices or autonomous robots, to inform store associates of necessary adjustments to optimize sales and increase price integrity.
- Frictionless in-store order picking: Shelfview, with autonomous robots, provides accurate product locations to store associates, which reduces substitution rates, reduces preparation times and provides an optimized customer experience. Every second saved in order picking can translate into up to $10 million annual savings1.
- Faster replenishment thanks to precise location of products in store: With standalone data capture, ShelfView can scan shelf and pallet labels to analyze precise pallet location for replenishment. This can save stores up to 2.5 hours per day, allowing store associates to be leveraged for more critical tasks2.
ShelfView brings together in-store information to improve retail execution by leveraging existing infrastructure without requiring significant additional investment. The solution can be scaled chain-wide, scanning millions of images per day, which can be processed on-device or in the cloud to deliver actionable insights. ShelfView works seamlessly with Brain Corporation’s BrainOS® AI platform to provide an easily scalable, accessible, and cost-effective way to automate data collection through the use of robots. Utilizing a versatile design, Inventory Scan is a powerful new accessory that can be installed on stand-alone floor scrubbers to autonomously scan key details of in-store inventory. Additionally, ShelfView can be applied to mobile devices already used by store associates.
Scandit ShelfView allows retailers to:
- Improve operational efficiency and reduce costs: ensure accurate pricing and promotions, expedite inventory movement, and reduce inefficient in-store order fulfillment that erodes profit margins. ShelfView increases the productivity of store associates to quickly locate products or check prices and promotions.
- Increase workforce capacity: The hybrid approach of mobile devices and stand-alone floor washers allows retailers to expand the workforce by removing repetitive tasks from employees and allowing them to focus on value-added tasks, such as customer engagement. Reducing tedious tasks helps retailers retain employees to reduce costly turnover.
- Get real-time actionable insights and reduce errors: ShelfView provides accurate in-store inventory data for efficient shelf management and order fulfillment workflows. Empower store associates to correct store-level issues before they affect sales.
- Improve the customer experience and increase your revenue: Accurately placed, priced, and promoted inventory is critical to delivering a consistent customer experience in-store and online. Frequent and accurate shelf management is essential to ensure a smooth customer journey, especially in today’s omnichannel world.
Christian Floerkemeier, CTO and co-founder of Scandit, noted: “All retailers understand that improving the in-store shopping experience is more important than ever, but doing it economically remains critical. Automating and simplifying routine tasks allows retailers to maximize revenue while increasing the efficiency, value, and engagement of their in-store associates. By leveraging our intelligent data capture capabilities, ShelfView can increase product availability on the shelf, improve the rate of online orders fulfilled, and increase sales through accurate pricing and promotional labeling to achieve this.”
With state-of-the-art performance, Scandit ShelfView leverages augmented reality (AR), object recognition, object detection, optical character recognition and other advanced computer vision technologies to process images acquired through mobile devices and autonomous data capture.
1 Based on Scandit customer feedback.
Notes to Editors
To learn more about Scandit ShelfView, click here.
We are the leader in intelligent data capture, delivering superpowers to workers, customers and businesses with unmatched speed, accuracy and intelligence. The Scandit Smart Data Capture platform enables smart devices, such as smartphones, drones, digital glasses and robots, to capture data from barcodes, text, IDs and objects to automate and provide insights for end-to-end processes.
Scandit accurately scans data up to 3x faster than dedicated scanners in difficult lighting conditions or at angles, on damaged labels, across multiple codes, with any smart device. Scandit enables innovation that delivers significant cost savings, increases employee retention and customer loyalty. We partner with customers every step of the way with testing, solution design, integration and customer success support included.
Visit scandit.com to find out why market leaders in retail, transportation and logistics, healthcare and manufacturing like Instacart, Levi’s Strauss, Sephora, NHS and FedEx trust us.